Cost about $5.50.
- ½ pound ground turkey, beef, or pork
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoons chili seasoning
- 1 cup brown or white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1 can corn
- 1 can(15 ounces) can tomato sauce
- Sauté onions, protein, and seasoning in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes until browned, breaking up clumps of meat.
- Stir in rice and 1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in corn, tomato sauce, and zucchini. Cover and simmer until rice and zucchini are tender.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into baking dish; bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes.